Small Animal Go-Bag
Preparing your small animal for evacuation is essential during fire or flood season. Below is a checklist of items to have prepared:
- Veterinary information and medical history
- Water & food bowls
- Carrier or kennel with your name & phone number written on it
- An article of your dirty clothing placed in the carrier or kennel to comfort your pet (provided they won’t eat it!)
- Collar & tag with their name, medical information, and your contact information
- Walking restraints: leash, harness, halti, etc.
- Photo id for your pet including: their name, medications, diet, and your contact information
- Litter tray & litter or kennel pads
Evac-U-Pet always recommends having your pet microchipped in the event you are separated during an evacuation.